The Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling is a progression programme
that leads on from the CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies. This
two-year part-time programme is designed to provide you with the knowledge
skills and behaviours to work as a Therapeutic Counsellor in an agency
This programme focuses on the development of your practical
skills and qualities gained both in seminars and work-based learning, and has
been developed to take account of the latest research findings on what makes
counselling effective. This is underpinned by the CPCAB Model of Practitioner
- Working Ethically, Safely and Professionally as a Counsellor.
- Working Within a Counselling Relationship.
- Working with Client Diversity in Counselling Work.
- Working Within a User-Centred Approach to Counselling.
- Working with Self-Awareness in the Counselling Process.
- Working Within a Coherent Framework of Counselling Theory and Skills.
- Working Self-Reflectively as a Counsellor.
Why study with us?
This programme will be delivered by subject specialists who are qualified counsellors and actively involved in the field.
Applications may be
considered to those who hold equivalent qualifications.
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English and maths
How to apply?
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply
Now button at the top of the page.
The qualification currently offers routes on to the following professional
body registers accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA):
You can also become a
- BACP – British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- NCS – National Counselling Society
- COSCA – Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland
- ACC – Association of Christian Counsellors
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course
directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering
in 2021/22. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if